Bilo21 has offered, what he denotes to be ‘ a refutation’ – of the piece ‘A cult becomes a religion’ . It’s in the interests of irony that the subject presents with all the symptoms of a person victimized by a cult. Though I cannot say for sure that the article is a cry for help, we are witness to a mind enslaved to the pathology of Islam.
On point 1: The word ‘cult’ avoids precise definition for obvious reasons. But there is consensus to the methodology, brainwashing techniques and social control which a cult exerts on its members.
- The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.1:2:14
- Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.( 5:101-102)
- Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s). (Salah, recitations)
- The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry — or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth). 5:44
- The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar — or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity). 3:31-32, 3:110
- The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society. Dar’al Islam vs. Dar’al Harb, Islam vs West.
- The leader is not accountable to any authorities. 33:50
- The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members’ participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities). 9:1, 3:54 (Makr), 7:99,
- The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt in order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion. (Threat of eternal punishment -Hell)
- Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group. (Converts must divorce non-believing spouse)
- The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members. (dawah) 11:2045
- Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities. (ablutions, salat, reciting etc.)
- Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members. Qur’an 5:51, Qur’an 3:118, Qur’an 4:144, Qur’an 9:23 and Qur’an 58:22
- The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group (death penalty for apostasy, persecution)
Here Islam steps forward. I repeat, Islam ticks all the boxes.
The inalienable right to determine your own religious identity is deprived of all Muslims born into the faith. The very fact that one is ‘born into a faith’ with no right of appeal, is to answer all questions comparable to a cult. Bilo21 argues:
‘ in most cases children follow the religion of their parents’.
This slippery piece of deception is easy to dismantle. Firstly, children may of their own volition, inadvertently follow the faith of their parents, this is in and of itself, not problematic. But no such provision is afforded to Muslims.
For example, the Christian child may indeed be encouraged to go to church, learn the bible, and may even be coerced to do so. However they are free to commit to the faith or simply discard it at will. The penalty of death for apostasy is unique to Islam.
Infidels can convert to other faiths, quite cheerfully and without incident, and neither face being disowned by their parents. In the Muslim world such occurrences are the perfect occasions for slaughter and dismemberment. And by a member of your family, no less. Of course there are many cults within Christianity, or in any religion for that matter. This bring us to another point of distinction. There is a difference, in my view, between a theological cult and a social cult.
Islam encompasses both, with inherently cultic doctrines since its inception, while the majority of Christian cults are social cults with borrowings from the bible. No other faith mandates the installation of it’s legal codes (Sharia) which reaches into almost every sphere of human existence (al-muamalat), including:
Laws of inheritance
Marriage, divorce, and child care
War and peace
Food and drink (including ritual slaughtering and hunting)
Judicial matters (including witnesses and forms of evidence)
School text books provided by the Saudi government ensure the curriculum includes the following Islamic principles: A ninth-grade textbook published by the Ministry of Education states: “The Jews and the Christians are enemies of the believers, and they cannot approve of Muslims.” An eighth-grade textbook: “The Apes are the people of the Sabbath, the Jews; and the Swine are the infidels of the communion of Jesus, the Christians.”
Thus the Muslim must endure parental, societal, political, and social conditioning. No mind can emerge from this bombardment unscathed.
Bilo21 proceeds to regurgitate the familiar tricks: “Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error.” This is the stock quotation for all Muslims on the defensive. Bilo21 was kind of banking on us not knowing the significance of Meccan surah’s and Medinan surah’s. Simply put, the contradictory verses revealed later in the life of Muhammad override the earlier ones. The earlier verses are the more placid ones, when Muhammad’s military offensive was relatively weak. But with successive gains a less tender set of revelations were introduced by the prophet.
Every Muslim is well schooled in deception, the Quaranic term is Taqiyya, and as Bilo21 can attest, their own revisions of history. The claim that Islam was spread peacefully through ‘self-defense’ is to the trained ear, more double-talk, an invention of the cult.
Bilo21 goes on to stress the peacefulness of Islams majority. Bilo21 writes from South Africa, a country which guarantees our freedom of religion under the constitution. Thus Bilo21 is constrained by the law to regulate his behavior. We need not congratulate Bido21 or any Muslim in SA, Europe, the US or any secular state for abiding by the law. This is not to say that they do however:
Data collected by lawyer and shadow justice secretary Sadiq Khan revealed that even though Muslims made up just 12% of the population of London, they made up for 27% of the city’s prison population.
Furthermore, it was noted that while Muslims in the UK constitute 4.8% of the population according to a 2011 census, 14% of inmates in the country are Muslims. This is up from 6% a decade ago
But what percentage carry murder in their hearts, yearning for the lost glories of the caliphate, we just can’t know for sure. Knowing this, there are moderate Muslims but moderate Islam is a fantasy.
Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan has said :
“There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it”
Islam divides the world into the House of Islam (dar al-Islam) and the House of War (dar al-harb). It is a religious duty to wage jihad until the entire world is brought to submission. Yes, literally. With this in view, we can just replace the word Islam with totalitarianism and use them interchangeably. I have even heard Muslims speak as though they have something against imperialism. This is the same folk who seek the restoration of a caliphate. Does the word hypocrisy even begin to cover it?
Bilo21 puts the following as evidence:
“:And if you are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Qur’an) to Our slave (Muhammad Peace be upon him ), then produce a Surah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allah, if you are truthful.”
Now, there is no indication of embarrassment on the part of Bilo21, so I have to presume he is serious. The appointed judges of this ‘ test’ are, you guessed it, fanatical Muslims. But we can indulge this ridiculous claim for the sake of argument. I don’t believe the works of Shakespeare ( far superior in every way )could be replicated, but is no indication of a divine authorship.